- Limb circumference – this measures change in swelling.
Ask your therapist for recommendations on where to measure.
Measure in the same place each time, with the limb in horizontal position. Make sure the tape goes straight around, with no loops or folds.
Need a measuring tape? Contact us!
- Body weight – Record it once a week or as recommended by your medical practitioner.
- Has there been a change in color of the skin in your lymphedema limb?
Bright red color accompanied by increased swelling, heat and pain may indicate infection – contact your medical practitioner if any change from normal is seen.
- Rate your pain level on a scale of 0 – 5.
Contact your practitioner if you have concerns about a change in pain level.
- Wound size –If you have wounds, ask your medical practitioner how to measure them.
Track Your Home Care Program
- Activity level – How active have you been?
0 = sedentary 3 = exercise 20-30 minutes several days per week 5 = daily exercise
- Compression garment use: have you been using yours according to instructions?
- Self MLD – Are you doing this? (Ask your lymphedema therapist for instructions)
- Pneumatic compression – are you using it regularly according to your physician’s instructions?
- Medical status change/medication changes
- Have you fallen? (Contact your medical practitioner if you have concerns)