- Primary lymphedema
- Secondary lymphedema
- Venous insufficiency
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Dysfunction of the muscle pump
- Post mastectomy edema
- Edema following trauma and sports injuries
- Post immobilization edema
- Reduction of wound healing time
- Reduction of pain and swelling after injury and surgery
- The device is intended for hospital, home, and clinic use.
Use of the PCD-52™ system is not recommended in the presence of one or more of the following conditions:
- Known or suspected deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism
- During the inflammatory phlebitis process
- Acute infection of the affected limb
- Decompensated cardiac failure
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular disease
- Any circumstance where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
- Within one month of skin grafting or vascular bypass in the affected area
- Known or suspected compartment syndrome
- Exercise caution when using on patients with insensitive extremities.
- Due to movement of fluids in the body when using the system, exercise caution when using on patients with heart disease. High pressure is not recommended for patients who have peripheral occlusion disease.
- The abdominal area should not be treated during pregnancy.
Caution: Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale and use by, or on the order of, a physician.
See the User Manual for additional notes and precautions.